Economics Workshop at IoT Week in Venice
The international Internet of Things Community will get together at the IoT Week 2012
in Venice (Italy) from 18-22 June 2012. By listening to presentations from high-level
representatives of industry, academia and politics and by participating in workshops
and panel discussions around the Internet of Things participants will get great
insights into recent IoT developments and a unique opportunity to network and meet
IoT experts from all over the world. The objective of the annual event is to offer a
platform for exchanging the latest news on research topics and revealing political and
The IoT Week 2012 is complemented by the second event of the IoT International
Forum that will take place on 20-21 June 2012 at the same venue. Participation for
the IoT International Forum event only is free of charge.
The Economics Workshop is part of the IoT International Forum. Its objective is to provide insight into how to run an IoT company by discussing business models, best practices and practical guidelines with the participants.
The following speakers will have dedicated talks:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Maass, Chair in Business Administration esp. Information and Service Systems, Saarland University, Germany
- Dr. Stefan Ferber, Director Communities & Partner Networks, Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
- Rob van Kranenburg, Founder of Council, Chair of the Working Group Society of the IoT Forum & IoT Expert at EU commission
- Jürgen Hase, Vice President M2M Competence Center, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Alessandro Bassi, Alessandro Bassi Consulting, Acting (for Hitachi, Ltd) as Technical Coordinator for the “IoT-A” project
- Session: IoT Forum WG Economics
- Chair: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Maass, Saarland University, Germany
- Date & time: Thursday, 21st of June 2012, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Location: Venice, The Scuola Grande San Giovanni
- Room: Salone San Giovanni